Tuesday, December 8, 2009

have truck- will ride!

Irony runs freely of late...
the high point of the irony is that now that we have a vehicle I can mountain bike again. Sure, I was heading out to the Marin Headlands but that was the same is as same does each time...now I can get out to the heart of the trails and really put the hurt on the legs.
So where did I hit the first time? Right out to the origin place of it all (unless you talk to anyone who rides in Centre County and feels like that is The if not One Of the birth places of mountain biking)- Mt Tamalpais. I rode out there for weeks as I house sat for one of the teachers at the school. The climb is fairly ugly- up up up, short break, up up up up up up up up up then down down down down down- the people who laid out the trails didn't think about changing things up much.

To top things off- I got to ride over snow!!! There was ice on standing water! Almost like home minus the overwhelming amount of Penn State everything...
Anyway- this is the GPS from the ride- enjoy- I did- really!
can't wait to get back to Rothrock and take advantage of the fitness these climbs are going to yeild.
the truck is great
3 days of school left
Gretta is still working
Pepper is the best sleeper in the world
and I'm beat after the ride
happy holidays...

No comments: